Thursday, May 5, 2011

Stepping into the same river twice.

I went outside to do some yard work yesterday, and ended up working at it for 5 hours, then came in and frantically did the dishes, swept the dirt I'd dragged in on the floor, and got dinner on before Ian came home. Thus, I had forgotten that I hadn't posted anything yesterday until I was in bed last night. Oops. I'll post a picture of the damage I may have done to our hedges a bit later.

So on to today.


I know this is true. We can never go back to Vancouver and expect it to be the same as it was when we left. It never can be. Things change in your absence, you just don't see it.

It's the same as moving here. Ian seemed to think that things would be much the same as when he left, but he's grown up. Even if things here hadn't changed, he's changed. His family has changed.

Life goes on. And besides not being able to go back, things change around you as well. This too shall pass. Surely things can't go on like this forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment