Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Romancing of the Cardinals

I know I've said it before, whenever we see the female Cardinal, the male is not far behind. We often see him off by himself, eating under the bird feeders, checking out his competition in our windows (he thinks), or singing in the trees, and we see him every single day. But we don't see the female quite as much. When we do see her, he's often not very far away, and he always gives me the impression he's looking out for her. Maybe he's afraid another studly male will come and steal her away. There are actually quite a few Cardinals in the surrounding neighbourhood, we hear them singing when we go for walks, and can often spot them in the tops of trees, or on top of houses.

But in my mind, I'm going to imagine that Cardinal just doesn't like to be away from Mrs. Cardinal, and he's not being possessive, he's being supportive, and protective, when he doesn't let her out of his sight. Recently, she was spotted on the bird feeder, and after a few minutes of allowing her the whole feeder to herself, he made his appearance. Notice he's showing her his thin side..

"Hey baby, mind if I join you?"

"Sweetie? Are you there? Where are you?"

Man, that guy hardly gives me any peace... "Yes, I'm here, I'm on the other side."

"Oh, of course, there you are! I didn't see you there!"

"Come away with me and you'll never have to fend for yourself again, I'll take care of you, I'll give you everything you need, and everything you've ever dreamed of!"

"Oooh Cardinal, you know I'll go away with you. I know you'll look out for me."

"When times are tough, and food is scarce, we'll make it work."

"Whatever the future holds, we'll be together, baby."

"Oooh Cardinal, you know I'll never leave you! I love you!"

Too cheesey?

No comments:

Post a Comment