Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Giving Thanks

I spent a lot of time this Thanksgiving weekend thinking about the things I have to be thankful for. I am thankful for:
  • my health.
  • my friends' and family's health and happiness.
  • my husband. He is supportive, understanding, patient, encouraging, etc.. Sometimes I wonder what on Earth I have done to deserve someone so wonderful.
  • my mother and father-in-law for letting us stay at their house for three months, rent free! I don't know how we'll ever repay them.
  • Mrs. S. for her generosity and kind spirit.
  • our new house, even though we have a lot of work to do.
  • sun-shiney days.
  • red, orange, and yellow leaves.
  • the smell of dry leaves.
  • the smell of fresh rain.
  • hiking on the Bruce Trail, particularly in the fall. 800km of trail from here to Tobermory for us to explore. I think we covered 5.5km yesterday, but seeing as we have to hike one way, then turn around and go back for the car, it was an 11kms and 2 hours... I am looking forward to much more of that though. Fresh air, crunchy leaves, the escarpment... Ahh...
  • sales. Who doesn't appreciate a good sale??
  • the internet, for giving me something to do every day, and helping me keep in touch with friends.
  • work, even though my training is tomorrow and I'm really nervous. Then I have a test on Thursday and the possibility of a holiday position, on-call. But it's an hour away. But I've heard it could be $22/hour. But it could be night shifts. An hour away. In the winter. On-call. But $22/hour!
  • yarn. I've been knitting up a storm. I hope you like scarves.
  • books. I must have read nearly 10 books already since I've been here.
  • Bejewelled Blitz on Facebook. It's given me something to look forward to daily.
  • turkey dinner, with all the fixings, but no brussel sprouts! (Sorry Mom, I just don't like them!)
  • a glass of wine (or two or three...)
  • my wedding pictures, on the beach. They make me smile.
  • any pictures of a beach, especially if I've been there. I like the beach.
  • the sound of rain at night, especially when accompanied with thunder and lightning!
  • peanut butter cookies.
  • rice krispie squares with peanut butter and chocolate.
I'm sure there's more, but that's a good start. What are you thankful for?








No comments:

Post a Comment