Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happiness

I've talked a bit about what I'm thankful for, and what I've done in my life. Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking about what makes me happy.

Things that make me happy:
  • Ian, of course!
  • My mom
  • My sister
  • good friends (Lyn, Brit, Cindy, to name a few!)
  • baking cookies or muffins
  • eating cookies or muffins
  • running
  • facials
  • laughing
  • wine
  • good books
  • tea
  • sweaters
  • blankets
  • scarves
  • sunshine
  • autumn
  • hiking, especially in autumn
  • summer
  • the smell of rain
  • the smell of winter
  • sunshine on a snowy winter day
  • the beach - sand, water, sun
  • being crafty and creative - painting, drawing, writing, etc...
  • my wedding scrapbook - working on it and enjoying it now that it's finished
  • a very special secret project I'm working on
  • being appreciated
  • helping people
  • babies, of nearly any variety (who can resist a puppy face?)
  • hugs
  • children - most of them anyways..
  • sunrise. I used to love watching the sunrise from my classroom window; it would send long golden streaks of light across the chalkboard. Not sure why this was so beautiful to me, but it was such a moment of peace before a busy day...
  • Christmas trees
  • music
  • dancing
  • being productive
  • watching the birds
What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment